6/13/11

Meet the Jays

Last week as I was washing the dishes, I glanced out of the window and saw a big Steller's jay at the bird feeder. I'd noticed him hanging around before, so I decided if he lived in our woods that he better have a name. I call him Jasper.

Today as I went to water the garden I noticed a little version of Jasper hopping around my radicchio. At first I thought he was injured, but he seemed to hop around just fine.

A couple of hours later Stephen went to mow the lawn. He called me outside to show me there were six little jays hopping around the yard.

I love that the Jay family has moved in. I have yet to name all of them, but here are a couple members of the family.

Joey and Josephine

Little Jub Jub

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...