1/14/12

20-minute Baby Pants!

I was nearly devastated the other day when my 8-year-old hand-me-down pajama pants ripped in the rear. They were my favorite. As you can see, they have little wiener dogs on them.


too much booty in the pants!


So instead of throwing them out, I stashed them for a rainy day. Well, it's not really raining today, but it's cold enough that my car won't start. So I decided to make some tiny pants out of larger pants.



I used a super simple pattern from make-baby-stuff.com and they turned out splendidly. Here's my childhood bear, Bosh, modeling them.



They sew up in a flash so I used some leftover baby material from a quilt I made a couple of months ago and made another pair. Lickety split! They are even quicker to sew when you use the hem of the big pants as the hem of the small pants. It's basically six seams if you include the leg hems, inseams, rise and elastic casing. It's really a great beginner project.




I can't wait to put them on my real child.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...