11/24/11

Blue Starlight Sideways Scarf

I've been admiring a scarf we sell at work, the Zumi scarf by Prana.

I like how it's make the long way instead of the short way, how most scarves are made.

I figured it would be easy enough to make and it surely was. It was a great winter Sunday project.



Materials:
One ball of soft worsted weight single-ply yarn. I used Universal Yarn Classic Shades in the blue.
One ball of mohair in a similar color. I used some donated yarn that had silver glitter thread in it.
A really long size 13 circular needle
A size J crochet hook

Directions:
Loosely CO 150 stitches. Knit in garter stitch till work is 4-6.5 inches long, whichever you prefer. Loosely bind off.
For the tassels: Using the crochet hook, single chain four pieces of cord 12 inches long. Tie knots at the ends of each cord. Loop two to each end of the scarf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...