11/24/11

New Mittens

Last May I went to New York City and finally got to use the gift certificate my little sister got me for Christmas at Purl Soho, the cheeriest yarn shop ever. Since then I've been dying to use some of the yarn I bought there, so I finally decided to make some new mittens. These are made out of Manos de Uruguay yarn. I don't know what brand the red is anymore, but the pink is actually called "cheek."

I used my basic mitten pattern, but instead of drawing up the top of the mitten like I do a hat, I used the Kitchener stitch to make it seamless.

Then I added a crocheted ruffle trim, which was a first for me. Another first was I lined these mittens with red flannel. I'm glad it was fabric I acquired from a thrift store, because it took me several tries to make a lining that fit properly. 

So now I have some delightful mittens to match my hat and ascot, which I will post photos of later.

Happy Thanksgiving and I'll write from Mexico!

-Nat


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...