11/19/13

Pink Elephant Scarf

A few years back I got hooked on a pattern from Pickles.no called the Simple Luxury Scarf. It was indeed simple and I must have made five or six of them.

The pattern calls for two different high-quality yarns to be knitted at once. Each scarf was setting me back about $28.

Now that I'm not able to splurge on every yarn desire I decided to try the pattern with an inexpensive yarn. It turned out great and totally gift worthy. Patons Divine Yarn contains a little wool and mohair so you still achieve the fluffy, luxurious look and feel. I call it scrumptious. And at $4 after a JoAnn's coupon, I call it a great deal.



I didn't refer to Pickles' pattern this time around and it turns out I made it slightly differently, which is why I'm providing my pattern below; but I want to be clear that it originated from Pickles' pattern.

This pattern is for any level of knitter. It's a great way to pass winter weekend where it's -3 degrees outside.

Materials:
1, 100-gram ball of Patons Divine Yarn (I used the Chantilly Rose color)
a long size 15 circular needle
darning needle



Abbreviations:
M1FB = Make 1 stitch in the front and 1 in the back of the same stitch, thus increasing your work by one stitch.
M1 = make 1 stitch

Special note: You'll be using a circular needle only to easily hold a large number of stitches required for this scarf. You will not be joining the work in the round.



Directions:
Cast on 4 stitches.
M1FB into the first stitch. Knit to end of row.
Repeat previous row until you have used most of the yarn.

Final row: M1FB, K1, M1 *K3, M1. Repeat * to end of row. It's ok if you have a few extra stitches at the end. Just knit those. Cast off final row. Using darning needle, weave in ends.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...