10/4/11

El Jefe Morning Sandwich

My boss and I share an office and yesterday morning he started describing an egg sandwich that sounded delectable. Something about Dave's Killer Bread, pepper jack cheese and avocado. He mentioned how it was everything you needed in a meal: grain, veggie, calcium and protein.

He had me thinking about it all day. So I texted him yesterday evening to ask how he made it. I made just a couple of adjustments, but boy, this was a yummy breakfast. I'm sorry the photo doesn't do it justice.




Ingredients:
One slice of Dave's Killer Bread (or any sort of whole grain bread)
1/4 avocado, thinly sliced
cream cheese
some sort of mild melty cheese (I used Raclette Chevre)
one egg
Cholula hot sauce

Directions:
Lightly toast your bread. Spread the cream cheese on the toast and add the avocado. Top with the cheese. Place in the toaster oven on the broiler setting to get everything all melty. Meanwhile, fry an egg till it's over medium. Place the egg on top of the cheesy melty toast and douse in Cholula sauce. Best eaten with a knife and fork.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm...very similar to a sandwich we used to serve at a coffee shop I gave far too many years of mu life to: The Mike. Fresh hard roll, lightly toasted with a cream cheese and mayo sauce, 1 egg (as you like it), melted provolone and big bits o' ham steak. I still dream about it. Will have to see if your sandwich scratches the itch...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...