The pattern was a Pinterest find and can be accessed here.
It was a really easy project, but it took me literally all day to make both because I had to take so many breaks. Also, I didn't have enough hippo fabric for our cover and I had to do some extreme pregnant math (brain no work good) to figure out how to piece it with the blue fabric. Also due to pregnant brain I cut the popsicle fabric completely down the middle by accident, but I think the stripe looks pretty good!
The only thing I did differently from the pattern is I put the straps a couple of inches closer together. I used safety pins before sewing them down, tried it on, and realized the straps were flopping to the sides. I repositioned them till they were a good distance -- about six inches apart.
|Insert baby here|
|finally got to put these hippos to good use!|