7/11/13

Gorgonzola Figs -- Simple Decadence

You've gotta love Costco. Here in Alaska it can be difficult to find specialty ingredients, but somehow Costco pulls through once in a while. This time with fresh figs.



I'm not too familiar with the fig, other than its Newton form. What my mother whipped up as a summery appetizer last weekend made me decide I love figs.



Two simple ingredients: Gorgonzola cheese and fresh figs, both found at Costco. Sweet and salty -- just the perfect combination.

Directions:
Preheat your broiler. Gently wash the figs and cut off the stems. Cut them in half longitude style (not equator style) and with your index finger, press a little divot in each half. Pack the divot with crumbled Gorgonzola. Don't skimp. Place your figs on a baking sheet and broil until the cheese is melted, just a few minutes.

Serve as an appetizer or beside a light summer salad.

I have to admit, this photo is sort of phony. We ate all the prepared figs before I could snap a photo so I dummied one up and just singed the edges with a tiny blowtorch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...