4/17/11

Funky Ruffle Skirt

I found this skirt pattern and really wanted to make it, but I was afraid Jo Anne's wouldn't have the ruffle fabric it calls for. I was wrong! They had in the discount section a bunch of crazy ruffle fabrics in all sorts of semi-hideous colors. Since this skirt was definitely an experiment, I just decided to go for it.




My machine despised sewing the elastic, but after two broken needles I was pretty satisfied. I made my skirt 20 inches long instead of 26. I'm short so that mid-calf length doesn't do much for me. I could totally go dancing in this skirt! Also, I'm pretty sure the original pattern uses a higher quality ruffle fabric, but this was the best I could do on short notice.

Also, thanks to my friend Ashley for being a great crafter host. I had a really fun time helping her with her new sewing machine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...