11/13/10

Ascots No. 1 & 2

Several years ago I was at a Christmas bazaar and I saw these cute little scarves with spade shaped ends that looped through each other. Unfortunately they were made with crummy craft yarn and the colors were pretty bad, but I really wanted to make one. I totally forgot about them until I stumbled upon a pattern on Ravelry.com.

I made my first one with leftover Vanna White yarn, I think. It's great because it uses very little yarn and I can lower my stash and still make something useful and attractive.







My coworker really liked this style, so she picked out some baby alpaca and here's her ascot






I love this yarn, but I think this pattern needs a manmade fiber. I think the alpaca is going to stretch out too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...