11/6/10

Posting No. 1

So I've been tinkering with the idea of starting a blog and I think it's high time I do. It's mainly for my own benefit -- I make so much stuff I can't keep track of it all. In addition to knitting (hence the Knit Nat title), I cook, sew and repurpose things. This blog is a catalog of all things Craft.

I've wanted to knit myself a cowl for the winter and I finally used my $25 credit at the Quilt Tree to purchase the most beautiful yarns for it. I did a lot of Ravelry research yesterday and found a pattern that was simple enough. It's an easy lace pattern.
Just how luscious is this yarn?


I shall call this project the Harlequin Cowl.
Ingredients:
24-inch size 9 circular needle
1 skien of Cascade Lana Bambu color 11 &  2 skeins of Ironstone Sunset color
1 stitch marker

Cast on 104 stitches. Place marker and join yarn, being careful not to twist the work.
k4, p4 for three rows (or however wide you want the trim to be)
row 1:*k2tog, yo*, repeat ** till end of row (don't forget that the last stitch of the row is a yarn over.)
row 2 and all even rows: knit


repeat this pattern till project is wide enough to your liking

k4, p4 for three rows and bind off.

Here's what I have so far:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...